Dark Horizons
Bring me back to that room
That cage, where I once lay.
A darkened corner
Filling my mind with hurt
Anxiety, passion,
It all feels so similar
As thoughts of a dark horizon keep me alert
Nothing but a bitter memory
Now fragile and stained
Never forgotten
Brought back once again
You wake this affliction
Re-open the wound
Bringing back this emotion, of torment and pain
And as the blood gushes out
Smothering my thoughts with its crimson red
Turning my sanity into thoughts of dread
I turn away from you.
Bring me back to that room
that cage, where I once lay.
It all feels so similar
I feel it everyday
Mark Poole
14/7/06 ©
That cage, where I once lay.
A darkened corner
Filling my mind with hurt
Anxiety, passion,
It all feels so similar
As thoughts of a dark horizon keep me alert
Nothing but a bitter memory
Now fragile and stained
Never forgotten
Brought back once again
You wake this affliction
Re-open the wound
Bringing back this emotion, of torment and pain
And as the blood gushes out
Smothering my thoughts with its crimson red
Turning my sanity into thoughts of dread
I turn away from you.
Bring me back to that room
that cage, where I once lay.
It all feels so similar
I feel it everyday
Mark Poole
14/7/06 ©

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home